Application Guide - Cre8tion Nail Lacquer Colors
Applying nail polish is a tricky endeavor, and although it would be fantastic to have salon manicured nails consistently, it's not a budget friendly idea. A clean, smooth manicure that looks up to par with a salon manicure can be difficult to achieve, but with the right nail preparation and a good quality polish, your nails can come out looking professionally done, and can last up to a week.
Preparing Your Nails
- Trim (using Cre8tion Nail Clippers) and file your nails to get your desired nail shape. Make sure the edges are smooth to prevent splitting, breaking, or pealing.
- Buff your nails using Cre8tion Nail Buffers to achieve a polished look. Tip: File in an 'X' shape pattern and lift buffer between strokes to prevent over-buffing.
- For professionals only, continue to trim and prep cuticles, using Cre8tion Cuticle Pushers and Cre8tion Cuticle Nipper, to create a clean border for nail polish application.
- For non-professionals, please continue with caution. Cuticle preparations is recommended to be done by a professional to prevent any damage to the protective barrier of your nails. Tip: Instead apply some Cuticle Oil generously to soften and moisturize the cuticles.
- Wash your hands well with soap and water to make sure the surface is spotless for smooth polish application. Tip: use a cotton round with a splash of nail polish remover to further clean small dust particles and excess oils from the nails.
- Apply a Base Coat, like Cre8tion Nail Lacquer Bond Base, to help the nail polish cling to the nails and prevents polish to stain the nails. Allow base coat to dry.
- Dip brush into Cre8tion Nail Lacquer bottle and swipe excess polish off to prevent thick clunky layers. Us the three swipe method to apply the polish: one in the middle and two swipes on the sides. Allow first Nail Lacquer layer to dry for two minutes or until layer feels dry to touch.
- Apply second layer of Cre8tion Nail Lacquer using the same method in previous step.
Decorations and Nail Art
- Nail Art Charms: Use Cre8tion Stick on Adhesive Gel on dry polish to add Cre8tion Nail Art Charms for a more 3D Dimensional look to your nails.
- Nail Art Confetti: On wet Nail Lacquer layer, use Cre8tion Oval Brush to tap on Cre8tion Nail Art Confetti for desired look. For precise application use wax tool to pick up and place confetti.
- Nail Art Stamping Lacquer: On dry Nail Lacquer layer, use Cre8tion Nail Art Stamping Lacquer to create unique design looks.
- Apply Cre8tion Peel Off Lacquer Tape for Nails around the nails to create a protective barrier for stamping
- Apply Cre8tion Stamping Lacquer color to chosen stamping nail design plate
- Wipe excess polish off using the scraper tool
- Pick up design using clear jelly stamp tool and apply the design to the nails
- Clean stamping plate and repeat steps on other nails